Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The All Na-tu-ral Way!

I started to transition between relaxed hair and natural hair around July or August of 09. I was pregnant with my youngest daughter and I chopped my hair off the entire pregnancy. Towards the end of the pregnancy I decided not to relax my hair anymore. From there I let it grow out until I could braid it. I wore braids and wigs with my real hair braided underneath as it grew out. I continued to wear these styles for about a year when I just recently took braids out and decided to wear my own hair. I thought this would be a hard thing to do, but I am actually enjoying wearing my own hair and wearing it naturally. I don't have to put much thought into styling it. I mean a few bobby pins, maybe a flower hair clip and that is it. I also had my best friend as inspiration. Although she did the Big Chop, I knew I wasn’t going to do that, so my method worked for me. I always considered her as the one with the good hair, but she thinks I can do more with my hair texture!
Since I started this natural look I have tried a variety of styles. Twist outs, twist with rollers, bantu knots and none of them are giving me the results that I like or what I see others get. I mean it's not even close to what theirs looks like. In my opinion my hair looks it's best when I just moisturize it and go. When I do the overnight styles, they never come out right. The only conclusion I came up with is that I am not using the right products. Today I found a great website https://anitagrant.com/index.php that is completely natural products for hair and body. I have decided to give it a try. I saw great reviews for the products and I am very anxious to order them. The other thing that occurred to me is that I should be tracking my progress. So I think once a month measurements are good enough to track how my hair is growing. But my over all goal is for healthy hair. And I am trying not to get discouraged by the styling blocks that I am having. I am starting to think that instead of trying to copy other peoples styles maybe I just need to be creative and come up with my own!!

No comments:

Post a Comment