Monday, August 16, 2010

Curls Product Review


I finally used the Curls products that I purchased for myself. Saturday morning I washed my hair with the Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo in the shower. I usually don't wash my hair in the shower but there was a power outage and I needed to shower and wash my hair using as little hot water as possible. So after getting out I felt my hair and there was nothing great about it and it felt dry. I also noticed there was still some poo in, so I went to the kitchen sink and rinsed it.
Because of the power outage I could not use the Heat Activated Hair Tea Conditioner. So I proceeded with the Quenched Curls Moisturizer and Whipped Cream. My hair was soft and moisturized with both of these products, but there was no curl definition at all. But my hair still looked moist and shiny. I put it in puff and we left the house. This is the first time I have ever walked out the house with damp hair. As it dried my hair became dry and brittle feeling. It was not pretty at all. It looked like a dull puff. I was not happy at all.

So from there I decided to give it another go the next night. I would normally never wash my hair that close together, but my hair looked terrible. This time I washed it and I towel dried it a little. As I was running my fingers through I noticed my hair felt funny, kinda weighed down. My husband looked and said it was white. It felt weird so we went to the sink to try and rinse again. This time I combed though and the mess spread. I'm freaking out about the whole situation and my husband suggest that I use something to try and wash it out. I grabbed the Organix Shampoo and it got it out. Not only that my hair was super soft afterward.

I used the
Heat Activated Hair Tea Conditioner, and sat under the dryer for 25 minutes. After rinsing that out my hair was very soft and tangle free and my curls looked nice. I applied the Quenched Curls Moisturizer and Whipped Cream, then twisted my hair into about 15 Bantu Knots. Tied on my scarf and that was that.

This morning I took the Bantu Knots out and the results where not all that great. My hair is dry, but the twist are defined and that part looks nice.













 































Final Say: I will not buy this product again. I have no intentions of using the Shampoo again. The Deep conditioner I will use maybe once a month and the styling products I can deal with and will use for twist out's and things like that. But for the everyday style afro or puff, no.

4 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound so great. I was thinking of investing in that brand but it so pricey. And you make it sound like it's not worth it! I bought some Curly Q curly custard and no curl definition at all! I don't think I will buy from this product range again now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wouldn't tell you not to try it. Maybe try the samples. Because one thing that I have learned on the natural journey, is that a product will work differently for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    great and honest review.
    I recently ordered the curls sublime coconut conditioner, waiting for it to arrive anyday now...hope to like it !

    Thanks for joining my blog (smiles)
    Take care.

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this. I am in Europe and I wanted to read reviews on Curls products before I pay a ton of shipping to get them out here. We have similar hair textures, so this is right on time. ESPECIALLY after hearing so many good things about their stuff. Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete