Friday, August 13, 2010

Hair Hair Everywhere, and Products Too

I don't even know where to start on today's blog. Ok, first are the pics of my oldest hairstyle that I did after taking out here yarn braids.
You can see her new growth, but the style came out very nice. Unfortunately it is very humid over here in Okinawa and she looked like a fuzz ball after about 2 or 3 days.
I did a twist out on my middle daughters hair from her twist style and that was an absolute fail. That lasted for about 2 or 3 days also.












So I decided to try something different. Instead of trying to let them rock their hair all out I decided to try something that had the least amount of hair out. For my middle daughter is was simply cornrows and beads at the end. For the oldest, who insist on having curls, it was cornrows with curls at the end. The pics show that it was a great idea. I even got a little creative with it.
My middle child, JR.

My oldest, JN.

Product Review
I finally received my shipment of Curls products. For JR, I used the Curly Q Cleansing Cream and the Custard. Loved the Cleansing Cream. Her hair was tangle free from the minute I put it on until I washed it out. I usually give her hair a comb through while washing just to help make sure it gets clean. The smell was great and it did not leave any residue in her hair like the Burt's Bee's dis. The Custard I was not a big fan of at all. It left pieces of clumped up product in her hair and that happens a lot with her hair. I am willing to give it another try so look for another review on that. For her hair that was all I used and it came out great.

My best friend put me on to Organix products. I bought the Revitalizing Pomegranate Green Tea Shampoo and because the PX did not have the match I bought the Coconut Milk Conditioner. I used both of these products on JN and I loved them both. They smelled wonderful. Her hair was soft after wards and her scalp was clean with no left over residue. I put a little but of BB moisturizer in her hair and braided it up, I used Motions wrapping lotion to set her curls along with flexible rods.

I have yet to try the Curls products that I ordered for myself, but there will be a full review when I do.

1 comment: