Monday, September 13, 2010

Alikay Naturals Review

I originally heard about Alikay Naturals from my best friend who has become a you tube fanatic. Wait, she is a you tube fanatic. Anyway, anyone who keeps up with the who's who on you tube has heard of Blackonyx77. Well she has many talents and hair care products is one of them. I ordered a few things from her a few weeks ago, maybe even a month now. I wanted to share with you how I liked and disliked the products that I bought.

Amazing Black Soap
My best friend was telling me great things about this soap and how well it was working on her skin. When I was pregnant with my third child, I developed eczema and one of the places was on my face and neck. The eczema has gone from those area's but blemishes and dark spots were left behind. I purchased the soap in hopes that maybe it could even out my skin in those areas. I have used the soap at least once a day, sometimes twice and I can say that I love it. My husband was the one who told me that he could see a difference in my skin on my face and neck. My scars are starting to fade. You get a bar about the size of a commercial bar of soap, maybe a little bigger. And you just take a piece off and you can use it for at least a week. I have had to take off two pieces and it has been three weeks and I still have almost a full bar left. Well worth the money. I am a happy buyer with this product and I will continue to purchase it.

Shea So Real-Shea Butter
Um what can I say it's Shea Butter, what's not to love. I use it on my hair and skin. From what I read you can tell when Shea Butter is unrefined by the color of it and it it is a dark yellow color. So I am pretty sure this is the real deal. I have actually found a better deal on the Shea butter so I won't be purchasing from her, but I am very happy that it was her product that turned me on to Shea Butter.

Essential 17 Hair Growth Oil
This product was another rave from my best friend. I bought the 1 oz bottle just to test it out. I didn't like it at all. The first turn off was the peppermint smell. And my friend warned me after I bought it that it had the strong peppermint smell. But anyway the other issue was that it made my scalp itch. It was very itchy until I washed it out. I continued to use it though because it was a small bottle and I had the same results, an itchy scalp. Would I buy it again? No.

Lemongrass Leave-In Conditioner
I have fallen in Love with this product. I can use it on wet hair dry hair and it makes it moisturized and curly. It is very light weight and once you use it, it last all day. I have no complaints about this product at all. It is an 8 oz bottle that goes a long way. I have used it every time I washed my hair and sometimes on my dry hair to give it some shine and I still have more than half the bottle left. This is another product that I will continue to purchase.

Customer service is great and the turn around time was good also. It took about a week for my products to get to me and that is being shipped to an FPO AP address. The products are priced well and you really get your money's worth. I will be posting a Final review on these products in the near future!

3 comments:

  1. Great review, glad to hear you are happy with what you brought. I have heard of her producs...thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Take care:)

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried diluting the essential oil? I think these are too strong to use alone and need what is called a "carrier" oil to receive the maximum benefit. Of course if it was the scent that was the major offender for you, this may be a moot point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous. Thank you for stopping by and commenting! It was purely the smell that got to me. I did use it up though and didn't buy it again to see if I could handle the smell without being pregnant. I also think that the itchy scalp was also due to the pregnancy. I may give it another try though.

    ReplyDelete