Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Etsy Haul

My new found love for Etsy has led me to buying oils, and herbs and butters so that I can start some mixing on my own!!
My oldest sister gave me the idea awhile back to just start making my own things since I don't have the luxury of going to the store and buying what I want. While on Etsy one day I saw a lot of things that I thought I could use to make a few things of my own. I took lead from a few products that I do use and bought some of the key ingredients in those products.
Some of these things I bought to use only for my skin, like the Neem oil. I bought that and I plan to use it with Shea butter for me and my middle daughters eczema. The only problem I ran into was some of the things I found can't be used during the pregnancy.
But I was still able to rack up!

Oils
Grapeseed Oil
Neem Oil
Castor Oil
Avocado Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Jojoba Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Coconut Oil
Aloe Vera Oil
Glycerin( I saw that this was in a few products and thought it would be useful)

Butters
Shea Butter(I bought a lot of this stuff!)
Mango Butter
Avocado Butter
Cocoa Butter

Herbs
Lavender Buds
Marshmallow Root Cut
Hibiscus Flowers
Rhassoul Clay Powder
Bentonite Clay Powder
Kelp Powder
Pink Rose Petals
Nettle Leaf

Now all I need is Recipe's

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great! you have some great things there.
    I have tons of recipes some you can find over @AuNaturale.

    Under"labels"
    Check under :
    Recipes
    herbs for hair
    homemade spritz

    You can use herbs you have in place of others. add to your liking. Hope this helps, take care

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @zainab1, I figured you would have some good ones. I can't wait to stop by and see what I can mix up from your stash of recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup @zainab1 is a pro when it comes to mixin! And i never thought to look at etsy for oils and butters. thanks for the heads up

    missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!!!!!!!!!!! Your haul looks great and veggie glycerin is a love of mine, hope you like it also...

    Sidenote, winter is approaching and protective styling is in order, check out some of my crochet items to protect your hair and spruce up outfits! :)

    http://belovedosaruchi.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete