Friday, September 24, 2010

Saying Goodbye to The Puff

Well at least for a few weeks. Wearing a Puff has become to easy and too common for me. In fact I can't remember the last time I had an actual style in my hair. I know for a fact it hasn't been since my girls started school.
I mean, yes I am a busy person and my day to day life can get very hectic.
Buuutttt,
this is my hair and I need to take much better care of it. Before school started I was on a routine with washing my hair twice a week and DC once a week. Now I am struggling to wash once a week. I get up in the morning and throw a Puff in my hair with no thoughts about it.
SAD, but true. It is time for me to get back on track really quick. Pulling my hair into a Puff seven days a weeks is way to much manipulation.
I am even considering a more long term approach to protective styling. Like braids for a little while. But I think I need to give my hair some TLC before going that route.

3 comments:

  1. My hair isn't long enough for a solid puff so i envy you! but i did have to learn how to take care of my hair and add versatility. learning about protective styles opened up a whole new world of natural hair!

    missdeeplyrooted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. protective styles are great although my staple style is loose , big hair. I will wear protective styles often as well...thanks for shaing this, take care.

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my puff days. I was also a victim of the puff-and-go epidemic lol

    I stopped when I realized that detangling was becoming murder and that pushing my hair back every day wasn't particularly beneficial to my hairline.

    ReplyDelete