Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hair Style Experiment


I actually had the urge to style my hair last night. And I had just received a new shampoo bar from BoBeam that I couldn't wait to try out. So look for a review on that soon. Anyway. The style didn't come out as I planned it came out better.
The initial idea was to have the left side flat twisted and the right side left out. When I woke up in the morning and took everything down the right side that was supposed to be out wouldn't lay flat so I used gel to slick it down.
What I used in my hair
~I washed my hair with Rootz Herbal Hair Grower Shampoo Bar from BoBeam
~I used Organix conditioner and detangled in the shower(first time I did that, what a difference!)
~Then I used Alikay Naturals Lemon Grass Leave in(it was the last bit and I really just wanted to use it up)
~After that I put my Avocado Shea butter mix on my hair in sections and used my Denman to define curls
~For the flat two strand twist and the slick side I used ECO Styler Gel(yay finally I found use for it!)

How I achieved the style
~First I parted my hair diagonally in the front then to the left to my ear and put four two strand flat twist.
~I then put bigger two strand flat twist in the remaining hair. When I do these type of twist I do them loosely because I am not trying to stretch my hair. And instead of twisting all the way to the ends I stop about an inch to half an inch from the bottom and coil it around my fingers. For me this gives my ends a much prettier look. My hair is actually long enough now that my ends hold without having to pin them up.

I know that I should have done a video and I plan to as soon as I get a chance. In the mean time take a look at the pics, Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! I love it :)

    That GOOD GOOD Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your videos!!! LOL ;o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - I'm all late - but yay! glad you incorporated the Rootz bar in your style - it is cute by the way :o)

    ReplyDelete