Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yarn Braids-Protective Style


Yarn Braids aka Genie Locs are braids that I have known how to do for a few years now. However it was a style that I never used in my hair. I always put them in my oldest daughter's hair. I love the look, the price of the yarn, and the versatility that they have. So when I was deciding what to do for my 2011 hair regimen I knew that I wanted to incorporate long term protective styles, including yarn braids.

To jump start my hair goals this year I applied a Henna Gloss and from there I put in yarn braids. I actually was interrupted by going into labor, but luckily I had enough done to hide the unfinished part!

The goal is to leave the braids in for 6-8 weeks. Once I see how they look around the 4 week mark I will decided how long I want them to stay in and re do the edges if I stretch for 8 weeks.

I have yet to set a sure regimen to use while I wear this style, but I know I need to cleanse, condition and moisturize during the process.

2 comments:

  1. They look really pretty on you, great job!
    Take care,

    zainab1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yarn braids. I always wanted to try them and maybe I will in the future. They look really cute on you. How often do you shampoo and/or condition? Do you steam condition as well?

    ReplyDelete