Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ayurvedic and Me

Let me just say that Ayurvedic is something I never heard about until recently. I learned details, mixtures and ideas from The Moptop Maven.

The one thing that I have made part of my regimen is Vatika Oil. When wearing my yarn braids I used it to oil my scalp and I also added it to my Shea and Avocado butter mix. Henna is something that I have used and I was happy that it is an important part of the Ayurveda method. I plan to now use Henna more often as opposed to every once in awhile. There are also herbs that I have added to my regimen in the form of a deep conditioner. So far i am very happy with how the method is working.

This is the recipe that I used. The only change I made was the conditioner. I used Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter. The reason is because I did not have Aveda nor is it available to me here in Okinawa.

Deep Conditioning Mix
1/4 cup Aveda Damage Remedy Conditioner
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
2 tbs Hibiscus Petal Powder
2 tbs Brahmi Powder
2 tbs Bhringraj Powder
1 tbs Fenugreek Seed Powder [Methi]
In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together and use immediately. Gently section your hair, and use an applicator brush to generously apply the mixture starting at the scalp, and working your way down the hair shaft. Cover with a plastic cap and allow mixture to sit on head for about 45minutes-hour.

For more information on Ayurveda and recipes please go to http://moptopmaven.blogspot.com/2010/08/regimen-building-go-ayurvedic-part-1.html. There are recipes for every part of a regimen.

All of the Ayurveda products can be found and purchased at AyurNatural Beauty.

Mixture on



Mixture off



No comments:

Post a Comment