Thursday, April 7, 2011

Regimen Building-Back to Basics

When I first started wearing my hair natural I didn't even know what it meant to have a regimen. I was just doing and trying any and everything that said Natural! The more I got used to being natural the more I learned how important a regimen is. Lately I have found myself wanting to re do my hair regimen so I thought it would be a good idea to start with the basics of a regimen and go from there.

Step 1: Cleansing - There are many many ways to cleanse your hair. You can use regular shampoo, Sulfate Free Shampoo, Co-washing(using conditioner to cleanse hair), ACV rinse and more.

Step 2: Condition and Detangle-This step is done together simply because it is much easier to detangle hair when it is wet and has conditioner on it.

Step 3: Moisturize-Water is the best moisture for your hair, but using a moisturizer with vitamins and oils are beneficial too.

Step 4: Seal the Moisture-This by far is one of the most important steps. Sealing in the moisture not only protects your hair from getting dry it leaves hair soft. Paying special attention to your ends is key to prevent split ends. When sealing your ends oils and butters are great ways to lock in all that moisture.

Added Step: Special Treatment-Everyone's hair needs some TLC and that is exactly what a deep treatment, repair treatment or protein treatment is. The ways to give your hair some TLC is endless. You can use standard from the store treatments, hot oil treatment, or get creative using Coconut Milk, Bentonite Clay, Henna and Rhassoul Clay.

Extra's
~Shampoo Hair in Section to combat tangles and ensure adequate cleaning of the scalp
~Sleeping on Satin whether you use a scarf or pillowcase, Satin will help with breakage and dryness

I would like to know some of the products and techniques you use in your regimen!

Want more details? Check out naturallycurly.com and  The Moptop Maven

2 comments:

  1. Great post!...one of my all time favorites is adding Aloe Vera juice in almost every single part of my regimen. From shampooing ( I'm a co washer I only shampoo 1x monthly) ....co-washing...bentonite treatments...every thing! Aloe vera juice is my BFF ( LOL)

    Thanks for posting :)..take care,

    zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is awesome! Sometime taking care of natural hair could seem like a full time job, but its worth it.

    ReplyDelete