Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another Protective Style

Hey ladies!! Yes I'm still breathing lol. I just put in another protective style to keep my hands out of my hair. I decided to do box braids. As a child I wore box braids a lot but once the micro braid craze came through I stopped wearing them. I wanted something simple and I felt box braids was a great choice.

Before braiding my hair I washed and deep conditioned. I then blow dried on low heat to stretch my roots out a little
I used 4 packs of Softex Kanekalon hair bought from His and Her hair. Before putting in the braids, I washed and DC. I blow dried my hair on low heat also. I used Softex hair brought from His and Her Hair. It took what seemed like forever to braid my hair but in reality it took about 8 hours. Once finished I twisted the braids in two strand twist then wrapped around flexi rods and dipped in hot water.

I am very pleased with the outcome and hope to keep them in at least 6 weeks. While wearing the braids I will continue to Moisturize and seal as usual. I will also do a ACV rinse if needed around the halfway mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment